Whole Meal Greek Salad, Grandpa Theodoros's way
The famous Greek salad, a delicious, healthy, fresh, and complete meal for the hot summer months, when tomatoes are in their glory, in the luxurious version that grandfather Thodoris used to make for us when he visited us in the village (see our post "Cooking: A Trip to Memories and Emotions"
· 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 1 ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon honey
· 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
· 1/2 teaspoon oregano fresh or dried
· 3 large plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
· 1 medium plum tomato, seeded and grated
· 3/4 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
· 1/2 red onion, chopped
· 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
· 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
· 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard powder. Season with salt to taste.
Put the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green bell pepper, and olives in the salad bowl. Toss the dressing, and sprinkle with oregano and feta crumbs. The salad is ready for serving.